Wednesday, August 13, 2008

summer diversions

I had promised a friend I would show her some of the things I did this summer. They included upholstering multiple pieces of furniture. Here is the latest (and the one I love the best thus far...)

Before: a lovely down-filled Crate and Barrel sofa that was bleached by the sun and worn out.
Please excuse the quality of the photos, they were taken with a Polaroid and then scanned in...



After: IKEA fabric that makes the piece look vaguely Marimekko-ish.






*On a side note, I finally organized my iPhoto to my liking (I've only been using a Mac for about a year) and I can't be more excited than I am right now about the ease of posting images. It's as if I've been using a card catalogue for years, and finally upgraded to a computerized library search!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your little blog thing there, very nice indeed!

Anna said...

wow, impressive! very nice after - i love that print. you should submit that to the ikea hacker blog!